Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our scare with Andy

Well, Andy has been in the hospital since last Friday, we had a pretty good scare with him. He has pneumonia, but on top of that he has an abscess on his lung that covers about 3/4 of his left lung, so right now he is only working on 60% lung capacity. He might get to come home today but it may be tomorrow or Friday.
It all started the week of Thanksgiving, he caught a nasty virus and was so sick, and lost his voice on top of that, so we thought it was the flu. Of course I had to stay some what of a distance away from him since I am pregnant. Plus we were moving that week, so double stress. By Thanksgiving he was feeling better, just tired, but he had his voice back somewhat, just raspy. Then Sat night came and he woke up gasping for air and complaining about chest pain. It was pretty scary but by Sunday he said it was better. Well, he continued to go through the week in pain and waking up gasping for air, until last Thursday when I made him go to the doctor. Turns out he had pneumonia and they saw a mass on his lung but did not know what it was and were just going to give him a shot and send him home. He also had a 103 fever. Well, by Friday morning it was so bad, Andy woke up and took himself to the ER and called me at work to let me know that it was pretty bad news and that they were admitting him to the hospital.
He is in alot of pain right now, but it is slowly getting better. The lung doctor has told us that Andy has a long road of recovery ahead of him. We are hoping he can maybe get out today, because he really wants to be there for the sonogram tomorrow, but if he has to stay in the hospital for a little bit longer then he has to stay.

I will post more on Friday after we have our sonogram. Can't wait to share the news of what we are having, stay tuned...

2 comments:

Gauger Family said...

OMG!! So scary. I hope you are both doing okay.

Kelly said...

oh my gosh!! I am sorry to hear about andy!! anything we can do? I hope he gets better soon! keep me posted.
I am anxiously waiting to hear how your sonogram went!! I say GIRL!!

call me if you need to.